Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Advice for Students, From Students

Even though the sites I post about are equally useful for high school students and parents, I'm obviously approaching this from the parent perspective. I've long since forgotten everything I ever knew about the student perspective.

Check out AdminSpit for a great blog that takes the student perspective. It's written by eight smart college (and one high school) students for whom the college admission process is a recent memory. Luke is going to an Ivy League school, John is a freshman at Stanford as Alana is at Harvard. Dee started the blog last July and has already contributed many well-written and informative posts, including this one on admission statistics for selective schools, from which I'll be borrowing in the future. Other contributors will focus on topics of interest/expertise, e.g. Nichole will write about Yale academics, Rachael (who received 5 scholarships) will write on applying for scholarships, and Helen, the high schooler, will provide a view from the application process front lines.

I recommend AdminSpit. Great blog with a lousy name -- at least from a parental perspective.


Technorati Tags: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home